Designed, Built & Governed by its Members
Deep Creek Yacht Club Inc. (DCYC) has a long history on Deep Creek Lake. It became a nonprofit in the 1930's and was incorporated in the state of Maryland in 1948. Over the next 16 years sailing and social activities were conducted in a leased property on a section of the lake called Turkey Neck (across the lake from its current location).
In 1965, members purchased a large lake front property on Shoreline Drive in Thousand Acres in order to relocate DCYC to a new location. Over the next year, members worked on weekends to design and build the new club. In August 1966, DCYC, Inc. opened the doors to the new DCYC clubhouse.
The club has a common kitchen, dining room/bar and large event room. The original members wanted the club to be a place that they could come and stay for the weekend, so they built 10 residential staterooms and 2 dormitories. Later a separate nursery/family dormitory (to accommodate families with young children) was added. In the 2004, a separate building with additional 5 staterooms was built on the property.
DCYC members have always possessed a "can-do" attitude. Because the club is owned and operated by its members, everyone pitches in to help with the general upkeep of the club's facilities. Members volunteer for scheduled club work days and other maintenance tasks such as dock & building maintenance, grounds maintenance and/or planning or preparing for social functions. Everyone participates to keep the membership affordable to all.
Club activities generally begin the third week of April, and run through the end of September.
Video History of DCYC
DCYC Inc. is governed by its Board of Directors (Board).
The 8 person Board is elected each year at the Annual Membership Meeting.
The Board makes decisions about club operations, it's budget, and building or grounds improvements
2021 Board of Directors